.NET Technical Lead
When joining us as a technical lead, you'll be leading the technical design and execution in one of our agile product and development teams, managing the team’s engineers and working very closely with other Tech Leads and Product Managers. Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Understand and contribute to your team’s product roadmap, coming up with sound architectural designs and solutions to challenging problems our users face today or upcoming market trends;
- Liaise frequently with Product Management and other Tech Leads to define and plan the technical work required to deliver the product vision within the available resources and technical limitations;
- Within your team define and own deliverables that are more technical in nature but fundamental in order to ensure the technical health of our product and efficient development;
- Follow, enforce, and collaborate in defining best practices and processes for engineers in your team and across our company, and lead in moving our products forward and eliminating technical debt;
- Directly manage other engineers in your team, helping them execute the product and technical vision of the team whilst advancing as professionals;
- Follow our agile Scrum process, working in sprints together with the rest of the team to ensure timely delivery of work that both satisfies all our user stories criteria and is of sound technical quality;
- Work with our tech stack and tooling which includes, but is not limited to: .NET 4.7, Web Api, Entity Framework, Autofac, ReactJS, Typescript, Redux, MS SQL Server, Azure, AWS, GitHub, CI and TDD practices;
- Work with colleagues and stakeholders as part of the full product development lifecycle, gaining deep knowledge of our platform, industry, and particular areas of our clients' business to help you contribute as part of an agile team.
Our people are the most important part of our business, and none more so than our engineers. We are fundamentally looking for bright, enthusiastic problem solvers. People who love a challenge, constantly evaluate and question, and above all, love to ship a product that solves real problems. While these characteristics outweigh any specific technical skills, a successful candidate should be able to demonstrate some of the below:
- Excellent knowledge of ASP.NET and its ecosystem (C# 6.0, Web API, EF, LINQ, etc.);
- Excellent knowledge of OO / SOLID concepts;
- Committed to high quality and easy to maintain code, with experience in unit testing / TDD practices;
- Experienced with architecting, implementing, and shipping ASP.NET based web applications;
- Experience with managing other engineers in an agile environment;
- Experience in understanding product requirements and turning them into actionable technical items;
- Strive working and collaborating in a multi-disciplines team, where you can work with, learn from, and teach not just Engineers but also Product Managers, QA, UX, etc.;
- Happy to engage in discussion with your fellow engineers to reach the best possible solutions for our technical challenges;
- You are proactive, inquisitive, always looking for a challenge and want to constantly grow as a professional and to grow others around you;
- Having experience with SQL is a plus, in particular MSSQL;
- Having experience within the Media / Advertising industry is a plus;
- A BSc in Computer Science or similar is a plus.
As well as working in a fun, friendly and focused environment that is challenging and rewarding on a daily basis, you will also get:
- 25 days paid holiday per year;
- Discretionary, yearly bonus based on company and individual performance;
- Double matched pension plan - to a total of 10% employer funded contributions;
- Private health care;
- Gym membership contribution;
- Childcare voucher, Ride-to-work scheme, and Season-ticket loan schemes;
- Great social space (including a rooftop terrace for the warm days) and frequent social events;
- Full serviced top floor office in Aldywch, Central London, with free beverages, snacks, coffee, games, and Friday Beer Trolley;
- Access to training platforms such as Pluralsight, and frequent lunch & learn;
- Assemble a team and participate in our Innovation days, were everyone is given free-reign to build something that will awe the entire company;
- And many more!
Want to help create products that have a big impact on the world of media? We work with some of the worlds’ top media agencies, advertisers, publishers, and broadcasters and provide the technology that powers their businesses.
Freewheel Advertisers has a rich suite of products using a technology stack built on a .NET backend and ReactJS frontend, complemented with cloud tech to enable faster, scalable, and effective decision-making for the global media community. We power over 25% of all media bought in the US, and work with the largest media agencies in UK, Ireland, France, and elsewhere in Europe, with bold plans to expand this footprint globally.
We’re expanding our ever-growing Engineering team across multiple expertise levels and technologies, and are looking for people that love to learn tech, discuss it, and use it to its full potential together with the rest of our business to build products that are not only a great experience for our end users, but also a delight to develop against.
Are you ready to be part of our team?