Junior Software Engineer
We're searching for new junior engineers to join our growing team at Adazzle. You'll immediately join one of our product teams, working alongside more senior engineers, product owners, QA and account management. After getting up to speed, you'll be expected to take on full product features, and this will involve the full cycle of work; from feature kicks offs, through development, to testing, showcases and investigation of 2nd line support issues. It will be a challenge, but within your team and the company, you'll have the support to thrive and to grow the role and your responsibilities.
Some of the problems that we might need you to solve include:
- Contributing to our excel-like media planning tool (using our open-source React-data-grid) by building new features, fixing bugs and generally making it bullet-proof
- Re-writing our public site using ReactJS and Bootstrap to enable us to be more reactive with updates to it
- Bringing our legacy code kicking and screaming into the modern day utilising our choice of technologies.
- A firm foundation in core computer science principles. You'll need to know your abstract from your generic, and your model from your view.
- It's important to have a methodical approach. You should be a clear analytical thinker who enjoys solving complex problems
- We value a desire to learn and expand your knowledge by learning from team members, but also being confident enough to teach too!
- Communication is key to the way we work. People who can explain themselves clearly (to people in different areas, as well as other engineers) will go far.
- We don't have time for people who are stuck in their ways - our mantra is 'strong opinions, weakly held' - we need all our employees to approach things with an open mind.
NICE TO HAVES
We think the right person can quickly learn our stack, but experience in the following would be helpful:
- .NET technologies (.NET 4, WebAPI, LINQ, Entity Framework)
- SQL experience (MsSQL/Oracle/MySql/Postgres)
- Modern front end technologies, including React, Flux, Webpack, Gulp
- Application architecture (n-tier, SOA, event driven)
- Cloud based infrastructure
We currently offer:
- 23 days paid holiday per year (pro-rated for part-time employees and new starters)
- Matched pension plan – to a total of 5% employer funded contributions
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity pay
- Childcare voucher, Ride-to-work and Season-ticket loan schemes
- A social, fun and close-knit team
- Summer and Christmas parties - we went to Paris recently for a 2CV treasure hunt!
- Desk-beers on a Friday
- Fresh fruit and fancy coffee making devices!
We're working on an improved range of benefits in the near future (we're hoping to bring these in for April 2016 but the timing and exact details are subject to change) with improvements and additions along the following lines:
- 25 days paid holiday per year (pro-rated for part-time employees and new starters)
- "Double" matched pension plan - to a total of 10% employer funded contributions
- Employee Private health care as a benefit in kind
- Gym membership subsidy
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!