We are looking for experienced manual QA testers to join Adazzle.
Adazzle has doubled in size over the last twelve months and as part of our continuing growth strategy, we are very excited about establishing a new QA function. Traditionally, our developers have tested each others work which has worked really well but now with a more aggressive roadmap and the need for specialisation that comes along with scaling up we recognise the need for a specialist function.
We are looking for candidates to join the team on a full time basis who can interpret and execute manual test scripts, mapping back to predetermined criteria. They should also be able to communicate effectively, classify defect and document test outcomes when compared with pre-determined criteria, in accordance with our high standards. They will also need to plan and prioritise their workload and analyse and report on test activities and results.
- Reviews user stories and acceptance criteria and defines test requirements
- Creates test conditions, cases, scripts and supporting data
- Interprets, executes and records test cases in accordance with established plans
- Analyses and reports test activities and results
- Identifies and reports issues and risks
- Completes test tasks as directed by their manager and escalates issues and risks as appropriate
- Collaborates well with Developers, Product Managers and Scrum Masters
- Understands the detail of defects
- Able to deliver clear updates in stand ups
- Understands the context of the testing
- The candidate will be a professional, with a minimum of 2 years experience in manual testing and will enjoy the challenge of working in a dynamic and technically challenging environment
- Excellent understanding of test methodologies, including functional and usability testing in client-server, web and database environments.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Working knowledge of structured development and test methodologies and processes
- Proven experience of test and defect management tools, e.g. Test Rail or Atlassian Jira
- Experience of both UI and back-end testing
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces and/or of data driven, back-end testing
Other desirable skills and experience
- ISEB or ISTQB Software Testing Foundation qualification (or higher)
- Experience of test automation (e.g. TestComplete, Ghost Inspector)
- Programming/scripting skills, e.g. Microsoft (e.g. .Net, ReactJS)
- Experience working with databases, e.g. Microsoft SQL (preferred), MySQL or Oracle
As well as working in a fun, friendly and focused environment that is challenging and rewarding on a daily basis, the following benefits are available:
- 25 days holiday
- Double matched pension plan - to a total of 10% employer funded contributions
- Season ticket loan and cycle-to-work scheme
- Private Health Insurance/Dental cover
- Social, fun and close-knit team
- Summer and Christmas parties - we were recently in Paris for a 2CV treasure hunt!
- Fancy coffee making devices